The Singapore government regularly offers high school scholarships (junior high school scholarships & high school scholarships in Singapore) a for four to six years.
Scholarships awarded is a full scholarship that has covered all costs required. This program is offered in the scheme ASEAN Scholarships.
Through the SMP & SMA Scholarship program in Singapore ASEAN Scholarships, participants have the opportunity to expand insight and develop important skills such as leadership, communication and more.
The education system in Singapore is a bit different. The details are as follows:
- Primary I to Primary VI: Age 6 to 13+ years old
- Secondary I to Secondary V: Age 12 to 18+ years old
- Pre-University I to Pre-University III: Age 16 to 19+ years old
The Secondary 1 Scholarship is open to students who are currently take grade 6 elementary school and grade 1 or 7 junior high school. Scholarship Duration Secondary 1 for 6 years. Meanwhile, the Secondary 3 Scholarships are opened for students who are currently taking grades 2 or 3 of junior high school (grade 8 or 9 of junior high school). The duration of the secondary 2 scholarship is 4 years.
- Annual stipend with hostel accommodation
- First time allowance
- Economy class airfare
- Free school fees
- GCE O-Level and A-Level exam fees (given only once)
- Accident insurance and health subsidies
Upon graduation, students will get a Singapore-Cambridge Certificate GCE A (General Certificate of Education Advanced) Level or qualification equivalent. The scholarship will be renewed annually based on the performance of the scholarship recipients.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL & SCHOLARSHIP IN SINGAPORE
- Communicate fluently in English.
- Have good school exam results.
- Participate in co-curricular activities.
- To apply for the Secondary 1 Scholarship, participants were born between 2007 and 2009. When
- currently taking grade 6 elementary school and grade 1 junior high school (grade 7 junior high school).
- To apply for the Secondary 3 Scholarship, participants were born between 2005 and 2007. When
- currently taking grade 2 or 3 of junior high school (grade 8 or 9 of junior high school).
How to Apply
To apply for the Middle School Scholarship and High School Scholarship Program in Singapore, participants
- You can register online at the following link: https://www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/awards-scholarships/aseanscholarships. Click on Apply Now. Registration is free of charge (free).
- Create an account first by clicking on Register at the bottom of the page websites.
- Next, in the I am applying for section, select the article 2022 ASEAN Secondary 1 Scholarship or 2022 ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship Click on Continue.
- In the form provided, enter your full name, and other data. Note: Birth Certificate Number (Birth Certificate Number), Identification Card Number (NIK/Number Parent of Population contained in the Family Card).
- In the password section, create a password that will be used to login. Long password between 12 to 25 characters, using at least 1 special character (example:!@#).
- After the form is filled in completely, click on Register.
- Verify the registration account by clicking the website link sent to the email provided already registered (check in the inbox/spam/junk email folder).
- Then login using the registered email address and password.
- On the next page, enter the requested data.
- After the data has been entered, click the words “Confirm and Submit”. All data