For those of you who are looking for a scholarship in Singapore, let's have a look Goh Keng Swee Scholarship information below! Every year, the Dr Goh Keng Swee . program (GKS) Scholarships are open to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific countries (including from Indonesia) to continue their undergraduate studies at universities in Singapore, such as National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Here's more information.
The Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Program (GKS) is managed by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). Later, 3 to 4 scholarship recipients will be selected. Scholarship registration separate from registration to universities in Singapore.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND DEPARTMENTS AT EACH UNIVERSITY
1. National University of Singapore (NUS)
Website : https://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply-to-nus/application
2. Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Website : https://www.ntu.edu.sg/admissions/undergraduate/admissionguide
3. Singapore Management University (SMU)
Website : https://admissions.smu.edu.sg/admissionsrequirements/international-and-other-qualifications
4. Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Website : https://www.sutd.edu.sg/Admissions/Undergraduate/Application/Admission-Requirements/International-Qualifications
Applicants can apply independently at one of the universities above. Make sure that you have met the requirements and qualifications required by each university.
What you got
- Tuition fees and other mandatory fees until the study period completed (maximum 4 years).
- flight tickets at the beginning and end of the study period.
- Annual allowance of SGD 6500.
- Dormitory allowance based on place of study.
- The allowance when you first arrive in Singapore is SGD 200.
Scholarship recipients will be evaluated annually based on performance and results satisfactory academic.
After completing their studies, the selected scholarship recipients must worked for 3 years in:
- an approved company in Singapore; or
- approved company in home country and based in Singapore
For information, the recipient of the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship has previously worked at DBS Bank (DBS), OCBC Bank (OCBC), United Overseas Bank (UOB), Standard Chartered Bank, Merrill Lynch, KPMG, and so on. In addition, some There are other scholarship recipients who also work in organizations that do not related to the financial sector, for example the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore (URA), Proctor and Gamble, Oracle and CrimsonLogic.
GOH KENG SWEE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Meet the entry requirements at a university in Singapore (including take the required university entrance exam).
- Already registered or about to register as a student at National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Most majors will considered (except special studies such as Medicine). Applicants must comply with the deadlines and guidelines for admission to the intended university.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and have academic achievement and good co-curricular (CCA).
- Have taken or will take the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) exam. For information on SAT registration, please visit the following link: https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/sat.
*SAT is optional for applicants who have been declared accepted at NUS, NTU, SMU, or SUTD. SAT test results must be submitted before March 31, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOH KENG SWEE (GKS) SCHOLARSHIP
- To apply for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship (GKS) you can do it online
online at the following link: https://www.pscgateway.gov.sg/app/gks/account/uidsignin.
- Create an account first by clicking on the words "Registration for GKS".
- Enter the requested data. Then check email to follow further registration steps.
- The deadline for applying for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship is until the 31st MARCH 2022.
- Applicants who pass the selection will be asked to take a profile test personality online in April 2022.
- Further shortlisted applicants will attend the interview around the end of May or June 2022.
- If the applicant is declared successful in getting the GKS Scholarship, then: applicants must ensure that they have been accepted as a student at one of the universities above (NUS, NTU, SMU or SUTD).